[WATCH] Sherri Shepherd Debuts Trailer For New Talk Show

sherri

Sherri Shepherd dropped the first trailer for her new daytime talk show, Sherri, which replaces “The Wendy Williams Show” time slot.

In the trailer, Sherri promises to take viewers “behind the scenes, on the road, in the studio, rehearsals, interviews and so much more.”

The former “The View” co-host assured viewers that her show won’t be Wendy Williams 2.0.

“This is my time. It is my lifelong dream to have my own show and it is finally happening,” she said.

“I can’t wait until I return to New York to host the show and merge everything I love… pop culture, talk, entertainment and comedy,” Sherri said previously.

Watch the trailer below!

The post [WATCH] Sherri Shepherd Debuts Trailer For New Talk Show appeared first on The Source.

Rapper Snoop Dogg Calls Out Instagram: ‘They Apart Of Amerikka’

snoop

Last week, a white supremacist in army gear killed 10 innocent people shopping at a Buffalo supermarket.
A clip shared on social media showed an 18-year-old gunman killing innocent black people while stopping to say ‘sorry’ to a white man during the melee.

After sharing the controversial clip online, rapper and activist Mysonne was blocked from going live on Instagram.

This is so wack !! smh no real reason at All . I shared a clip of the White Supremacist saying sorry no shots nothing and it was Removed and my lives blocked .. Instagram ain’t for us !

Fellow rapper Snoop Dogg chimed in leaving the comment, “Fuck. Instagram they apart of amerikkka.” Many social media users feel they are being censored from speaking on anti-black hate. 
During the early days of the pandemic, Payton Gendron logged on to the 4chan message board website to browse ironic memes and infographics that spread the idea that the white race is going extinct. He was soon lurking on the web’s even more sinister fringes, scrolling through extremist and neo-Nazi sites that peddled conspiracy theories and anti-Black racism. In a twist of compassion and turning a blind eye, many media outlets have stated the ‘young boy’ was troubled because of COVID and he must have had a mental issue. 

Ironically not all hate is considered hate in America, When Asians are attacked, laws are put in place. When white supremacy rears its head, excuses are made. When black people are even questioned about crime they are shot and killed on spot. Where is the outcry for the innocent victims shopping for their Sunday dinners? Saying nothing and being complacent is also a loud, outright response.  When we march and fight for the rights of others, it’s painfully noticeable when it’s not reciprocated. This fight in America is not about color, it’s about good vs evil.

What side are you on?

The post Rapper Snoop Dogg Calls Out Instagram: ‘They Apart Of Amerikka’ appeared first on The Source.

Wendy Williams Reportedly Not Happy With Wells Fargo Financial Guardian

Screen Shot 2022 05 08 at 8.28.10 AM 1

Last week it was reported that Wendy Williams was close to settling her dispute with Wells Fargo after the courts appointed a financial guardian to oversee her accounts. Page Six is reporting that Wendy is not on board with the new arrangements.

From Page Six

Wendy Williams isn’t happy with a court appointing her a financial guardian amid her lawsuit against Wells Fargo.

An attorney for the “How You Doin’?” host told Page Six in a statement Friday that Williams doesn’t want anyone but her to have control of her money in response to the Sun’s report about a judge’s decision to appoint a guardian.

“Please be advised that Wendy is not in agreement with the appointment of a financial guardian by the court. Wendy has been very clear that she does not want a financial guardian to tell her what she can and cannot do with her money,” La’Shawn Thomas said.

Thomas added that the talk show host, 57, “feels that she is capable” of hiring her own team who would work for her “and not the court.”

Thomas went so far as to suggest that Wells Fargo may have leaked the report “in an attempt to lessen the public outcry and regulatory scrutiny mounting around” the bank.

The post Wendy Williams Reportedly Not Happy With Wells Fargo Financial Guardian appeared first on The Source.

Doja Cat Cancels Summer Tour Due To Upcoming Surgery

Doja Cat Debuts Fashion Collaboration With PrettyLittleThing

Doja Cat needs surgery on her tonsils. The “Get Into It (Yuh)” singer took to Twitter to say a doctor had to cut into her left tonsil because she had an abscess in it.

In a follow-up post, she said her tonsils got infected before the Billboard Music Awards earlier this month and she was taking medication for it, but she forgot and drank wine and vaped “all day long.”

READ MORE: Doja Cat Tops Billboard #Artist100 Chart For First Time

She said she’s now quitting the vape for a while. Doja Cat added she “might have bad news for her fans.”

Today she confirmed in another tweet that she has to have surgery on her tonsils asap and her recovery will cause her to cancel several shows including her tour with The Weeknd.

“I wanted you to hear it first. Unfortunately I have to have surgery on my tonsils asap. The surgery is routine but the recovery is going to take a while due to swelling. That means I have to cancel my festival run this summer as well as The Weeknd Tour. I feel horrible about this but can’t wait for this to heal and get back to making music and create an experience for y’all.”

The post Doja Cat Cancels Summer Tour Due To Upcoming Surgery appeared first on The Source.

MTV’s Sam Logan Denies Juliette Porter’s Claims, “Be Selective Of Who You Allow In Your Inner Circle”

Screen Shot 2022 05 19 at 5.16.20 PM

Investor, entrepreneur, and reality show star Sam Logan hasn’t been in front of the cameras much since his split from Juliette Porter, which was televised for the world to see on MTV’s Siesta Key’s season premiere. Despite Juliette’s derogatory claims, Logan says that he was never trying to make 24-year-old Porter jealous. The behind-the-scenes Kuma cannabis investor contends that he was “simply announcing the split the best way he knew how” since the two called it quits last August.

Being part of a reality show was never a priority to Sam Logan but he agreed to participate in Siesta Key with his then girlfriend Juliette Porter as a way to support her career. Unfortunately, when things went south in the relationship, Porter launched a smear campaign to make Logan appear to be a drinking and partying philanderer, but Sam says that he avoided the media and chose to take the high road for that exact reason. “Juliette and her friends have claimed that all I do is drink and party which is unfair to say. The same people criticizing me are the ones who are out every weekend, drinking and partying. Relationships don’t always work out so it’s unfair to try and point fingers when it simply just didn’t work between us.”

“I’m not the kind of person to start drama,” expresses Logan about some of Juliette’s claims in the media. “I chose to take the high road for so long but hearing these negative things she continues to say about me is bothersome because I know I put my all into that relationship while supporting her and her lifestyle.”

Porter is currently in a new relationship who she went public with in February. This leaves Logan hoping all of this can finally be put in the past. Sam says that their split was a lot more of their personal goals rather than Porter’s claims, “We’re two different people. The relationship didn’t work because she wanted one thing and I wanted something different. I feel like she has tried to turn it into this ordeal about me not being supportive, but I’ve always supported her in everything she’s done. I mean, I even went on the show for that reason.”

The post MTV’s Sam Logan Denies Juliette Porter’s Claims, “Be Selective Of Who You Allow In Your Inner Circle” appeared first on The Source.

Biggie Would’ve Turned 50 on May 21, New York City Celebrates

His Love For Jazz Music, Dreams of Entrepreneurship and 9 Other Things I Learned From Watching Netflix's 'Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell'

Biggie’s golden anniversary is this upcoming Saturday. The Notorious B.I.G., who would have turned 50-years-old on May 21, is receiving a number of tributes in New York City.

On Friday, there will be a ceremony in partnership with Bad Boy/Atlantic and Rhino Records at the Empire State Building with family members, friends and collaborators of the legendary rapper, Christopher Wallace.

While Brooklyn’s Barclays Center will feature a video montage of him on the mega oculus display above the venue’s entrance.

READ MORE: Fat Joe Recounts Uniting Bone Thugs-n-Harmony and Biggie for “Notorious Thugs” Collaboration

New York City is going B.I.G. for Biggies 50th birthday.

On Saturday, the landmark skyscraper will be changing its lights to red and white, with a crown spinning on its mast.

In addition, the MTA is releasing a special MetroCard edition featuring the Brooklyn-born Hip-Hop icon and there will be a free orchestral tribute at the Lincoln Center on June 10.

For more information on the tribute, visit the Lincoln Center’s website.

The post Biggie Would’ve Turned 50 on May 21, New York City Celebrates appeared first on The Source.

“Look At Me: XXXTENTACION” Hulu Shares Documentary Film Trailer

Four Men Indicted In The Slaying Of XXXTentacion

XXXTentacion fans are getting their first look at a documentary about the late rapper. Billboard exclusively unveiled the trailer for Hulu’s “Look At Me: XXXTENTACION” documentary film.

Xxx was killed in a botched robbery incident back in 2018.

The acclaimed director of the film, Sabaah Folayan told Billboard, “He didn’t necessarily win his battle before we lost him, but he gave us a space to talk about mental health and his internal struggle.”

“Look At Me: XXXTENTACION” explores how Florida teenager, Jahseh Onfroy became SoundCloud rapper XXXTentacion, one of the most streamed artists on the planet.

READ MORE: “Look At Me!” XXXTentacion’s Doc Set To Premiere During SXSW 2022

Through frank commentary from family, friends, and unseen archival footage, the director offers a sensitive portrayal of an artist whose acts of violence, raw musical talent and open struggles with mental health left an indelible mark on his generation before his death at the age of 20.

Award-winning director, Folayan is a basketball player, and activist from South Central Los Angeles. Her critically acclaimed first film, Whose Street? is a telling story of the killing of Michael Brown and the Ferguson uprising.

Her upcoming project and highly anticipated documentary about the gone too soon rapper, XXXTentacion releases on Hulu on May 26.

Watch the full trailer below. Share your thoughts on social media.

The post “Look At Me: XXXTENTACION” Hulu Shares Documentary Film Trailer appeared first on The Source.

Ohio High School Students Place Racist “Blacks Only, Whites Only” Signs Above Water Fountains

FS n5KCWIAAQ Jj

An Ohio school district will discipline high school students who put up “whites only” and “Blacks only” signs over water fountains.

The Cincinnati-area students taped the signs up, posted photos on social media and then took them down. The district released a statement calling it a “tasteless and hurtful act” and said they issued severe disciplinary actions.

Colerain High School, which has an enrollment of 1,730 students, is about 30 percent Black and about 50 percent White, according to U.S. News & World Report via The Washington Post.

A statement that was released on Monday from Northwest Local School District read: “We want to make sure our staff, students, families and community understands where we stand on racial intolerance, discrimination, racism and hatred. We take this matter very seriously. This type of behavior is not and will not be condoned or tolerated.”

Share your thoughts with us on social media.

The post Ohio High School Students Place Racist “Blacks Only, Whites Only” Signs Above Water Fountains appeared first on The Source.

Report: The Academy is Open to Chris Rock Hosting the 2023 Oscars

LAPD Says Chris Rock Won't Press Charges on Will Smith

On Sunday, March 12, 2023, ABC will broadcast the 95th Annual Academy Awards, with Craig Erwich, President of Entertainment at ABC, promising that the show will be “even greater” than this year.

Speaking with Deadline, Erwich revealed that he is open to Chris Rock hosting for a third time, even after the controversial slap at this year’s ceremony.

“My assessment of the Oscars was that it was really a successful year for the show. Obviously there was a lot of controversy, which overshadowed a lot of the positive things about the show, but I was really happy with the program,” Erwich said. “Even before that very unfortunate moment, the show started off up year over year, and we came back in a big way.”

The telecast had 16.6 million viewers and performed positively across key demographics.

Erwich added, “It was the biggest bounce back of any award show this season. If you look at what they were trying to do, which is really bring entertainment back to the program, they had three amazing hosts, clips, and incredible musical performances, I thought it was a great way for the show to reclaim its place on the mantle. There’s always things to learn and we’ll endeavor to do even better next year.”

Would you be interested in seeing Chris Rock host next year’s ceremony?

The post Report: The Academy is Open to Chris Rock Hosting the 2023 Oscars appeared first on The Source.

New Report Shows Black Lives Matter Has Over $40M in Assets

fbblacklivesmatter

Black Lives Matter has spent over #37 million on grants, real estate, consultants, and other expenses in recent years but still manages to have over $40 million in access.

The Associated Press received a 63-page Form 990 stating Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation Inc. has invested $32 million in stocks from the $90 million donations in 2020. Organizers say that investment will be an endowment to carry on the work of BLM for years to come.

According to the Black Lives Matter foundation, $4 million is in the operating budget, and there is $42 million in net assets. In addition, $6 million was spent on a Los Angeles headquarters in Studio City, including six bedrooms and bathrooms, a swimming pool, office space, and a soundstage. The board states the property is used for a Black artists fellowship.

Black Lives Matter does not have an executive director or in-house staff, mainly citing that it operates “as an early startup nonprofit, without substantial governance structure, that got a huge windfall.”

The BLM co-founders, Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Ayọ Tometi, have vowed to build an organization governed by the consent of the BLM chapters. You can read more of the report, including the controversy of how funds would be distributed here.

The post New Report Shows Black Lives Matter Has Over $40M in Assets appeared first on The Source.